Direct to Hospital GP Medical Admissions - A one step referral service
Phone 02 9935 0200
Castlecrag Private is an ideal solution for patients who need ongoing care in a comforting and private environment and our Direct to Hospital GP Medical Admissions program means patients can be admitted directly to hospital with one phone call from the GP surgery – avoiding those lengthy waits in emergency rooms.
Under the Direct To Hospital GP Medical Admissions Program, patients are managed by a local GP in hospital and there is a multi-disciplinary approach to care – including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social worker support, dietitian support and and onsite chef services.
Patients we commonly treat in our Medical Admissions Ward (The Edinburgh Ward) include:
- After care patients following surgery ie cardiac, general, gynaecological or orthopaedic surgery
- Respiratory condition such as pneumonia, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Patients with non-acute cardiac conditions
- Patients with cancer who require sub-acute care
- Patients who need to be monitored for medication and pain relief
- Patients who are at risk of falls after surgery, or who have had a fall
Patients who are not suitable for admission include those with chest pain or suspected of a heart attack or other condition which requires intensive workup.
Castlecrag Private Hospital has excellent outcomes for infection, hand hygiene and patient satisfaction – compared to Australia’s national hospital benchmark. Our clinical outcomes can be – viewed here.