Direct GP Admissions
Castlecrag Private Hospital now accepts direct medical admissions from GPs as well as transfers from other hospitals and facilities in the community for patients who require ongoing care.
This same day process allows patients to avoid lengthy waits in emergency rooms. GP to hospital direct admissions are now covered by private health funds.
Patients are managed by a local GP in hospital and there is a multi-disciplinary approach to care - with hospital services including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social worker, dietitian, atonal and onsite chef.
Direct to Hospital GP Medical Admissions
Castlecrag Private is an ideal solution for patients who need ongoing care in a comforting and private environment and our Direct to Hospital GP Medical Admissions program means patients can be admitted directly to hospital with one phone call from the GP surgery – avoiding those long ER waits. (02 9935 0200).
Under the Direct To Hospital GP Medical Admissions Program, patients are managed by a local GP in hospital and there is a multi-disciplinary approach to care – including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social worker support, dietitian support and stomal therapy.
Patients we commonly treat in our Medical Admissions Ward (The Edinburgh Ward) include:
- After care patients following surgery ie cardiac, general, gynaecological or orthopaedic surgery
- Respiratory condition such as pneumonia, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Patients with non-acute cardiac conditions
- Patients with cancer who require sub-acute care
- Patients who need to be monitored for medication and pain relief
- Patients who are at risk of falls after surgery, or who have had a fall
Patients who are not suitable for admission include:
- Anyone with chest pain or suspected of a heart attack or other condition which requires intensive workup
The hospital also has an onsite chef (we cater for Kosher, Coeliac, Diabetes or other).
Castlecrag Private Hospital has excellent outcomes for infection, hand hygiene and patient satisfaction – compared to Australia’s national hospital benchmark. Our clinical outcomes can be – viewed here.