Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact Ramsay Health Hub Customer Care on 1800 716 688, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medial history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and our admission clerk will inform you of your time of admission on the day prior to admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
DAY OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
The day before admission:
Our admission clerk will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery by text message and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
On the day of admission:
Please check in at the Front Reception in the Main Foyer at the time indicated by our admission clerk.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission.
- All admissions including Day Patients:
Day procedure patients (additional information)
- Please shower on the day of admission before coming to the hospital and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up